THE INTERSECTION JOURNEY
Intersection Retreat has been designed for those who desire to immerse themselves in the local traditions and culture, to embody and express who they are in an unfamiliar context through movement and art.
In the first 3 days we will be immersed in connection, exploration and liberation, nestled in the comfort of Pachamama Home, experiencing diverse activities of self expression, body wisdom, outdoor adventures and local cultural traditions that will open our hearts and minds to new ways of being.
We will then integrate during 4 days of hiking through the breathtaking landscapes of Colca Canyon, expanding our physical and spiritual bodies while soaked in nature
This adventure is an invitation for anyone who find their strength in the challenge and power in the action, to explore life through the lens of a different culture, to express, experience and embody who you are in an unfamiliar context and ini this way, liberate your soul from society's pressures.
Join us for an unforgettable experience you'll be proud of yourself you did!
DAY 1 x CONNECTION
- Transportation from Arequipa to Cabanaconde, stop at Cruz del Condor
- Chicha preparation (Peruvian fermented Corn beverage)
- Opening circle
- An offer to Pachamama
- Scorpio New Moon ritual, bringing our worlds together to begin the intersection journey.
With home crafted cacao ceremony; Lunar yoga flow; Intentions setting vision board
DAY 2 x EXPLORATION
- Hike to Kallimarka
- Ancestral healing ceremony
- Morning Yoga Flow
- Exploration of artistic creative expression with nature
- Wititi - the local traditional folk dance (Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity), with the traditional costumes
DAY 3 x LIBERATION
- Morning yoga flow
- Tour to Pinchollo’s Geyser; bike downhill to Cabanaconde
- Freedom of Expression - Intuitive art
- Free your Inner child - Play with color
DAY 4 x HOT SPRINGS
- Hike from Cabanaconde to Llahuar hot springs (5hrs hike, mostly downhill)
DAY 5 x WATERFALL
- Hike from Llahuar to Fure (4hrs hike uphill) and visit Huaruro waterfall (1hr walk from Fure)
DAY 6 x TRADITIONAL VILLAGE
- Hike from Fure to San Juan de Chuccho, a traditional village of Colca Canyon (6hrs hike, mostly downhill)
DAY 7 x SETTING FREE
- Hike back from San Juan de Chuccho to Cabanaconde (4hrs hike uphill)
- Transportation back to Arequipa through an alternative road, stopping in Chivay
- Lunch & Hot springs in Chivay
- Closing circle & goodbyes