Terms and Conditions
INTERSECTION RETREAT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These are the Terms and Conditions that will apply to your booking one of our retreats. Please read them carefully as you will be bound by them.
These Terms shall constitute the entire agreement between Intersection Retreat, Naama Peer RUC: 15611112341, Peru, and the Client relating to the subject matter herein, and shall constitute a binding agreement. There is no verbal or written; representation, warranty, prior agreement, or description of services, other than as expressed herein.
The contract and booking is made with, and services will be provided by Intersection Retreat. By booking an Intersection Retreat, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions that govern the relationship, the cancellation policy and limitations of liability. These Terms and Conditions affect your rights and designate the governing law and forum for the resolution of any and all disputes.
BOOKING TRIPS & THE CONTRACT
All persons wishing to make a booking have carefully read and understand the Terms and Conditions that follow. By making a booking with Intersection Retreat, you accept on behalf of yourself and all those named on the booking, to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. A booking is accepted and becomes definite only from the date when Intersection Retreat sends a confirmation email.
An Intersection Retreat team member will contact you regarding your completed registration to confirm your participation in your selected retreat. Confirmation of your participation does not necessarily mean that your trip is confirmed. Intersection Retreat asks that you refrain from purchasing non-refundable travel until you receive an email confirmation from the Intersection Retreat staff.
**Please note that Intersection Retreat only offers retreats and related activities to those 18 years of age and over.
PAYMENT & PRICING
Payment Structure 1: Payments.
- All of your retreat payments should be made in full 40 days before the retreat start date.
Payment Structure 2: Pay in Full
- All payments are nonrefundable unless applicable to the terms indicated below.
- All retreat prices shown are per person and are quoted and payable in USD.
- Intersection Retreat is not responsible for any fees incurred due to currency exchange or fees charged by your credit card/bank for processing funds in another currency.
- Intersection Retreat reserves the right to alter the prices of any of the arrangements shown on our website.
- Unless stated otherwise, the price of your travel arrangement includes each and all of the component parts described within your booking confirmation invoice.
- Not included in the price of your travel arrangement a.re flights, transportation, travel insurance, excess baggage charges, tipping and any food or drink or additional excursions or activities which are not confirmed as being part of your retreat arrangements. Additionally, any items or services purchased during a retreat are not included in the cost of your travel arrangement unless specifically stated.
- Payments that are made paid via PayPal and can be paid with all major credit cards or PayPal balances.
- We DO NOT keep your credit card on file. When we send over an invoice, you must re-enter your credit card information.
MEDICAL CONDITIONS & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- The Client must inform Intersection Retreat on our registration form of any medical conditions, pregnancy, disability or any other mental and or physical condition which may affect fitness to travel, including medications you are currently taking. Failure to notify us may result in the Client being refused certain activities during the retreat at the Client’s own expense. Some retreats may be unsuitable for Clients due to age, mobility, disability, pregnancy or physical or mental conditions, please email if you have concerns.
- It is absolutely vital that you are accurate with your fitness level and medical conditions for your own safety.
- Intersection Retreat will do its best to meet special requests including dietary or physical limitations but such requests may not always be possible depending on the retreat, in which case Intersection Retreat reserves the right to refuse Clients with certain conditions.
- Intersection Retreat will do its best to meet Client’s special requests including dietary, but such requests do not form part of the Contract and therefore Intersection Retreat is not liable for not providing these requests.
- As a client, you are responsible for your own medical insurance. Medical facilities vary from country to country and Intersection will do its absolute best to bring you to a proper medical facility as needed, but makes no representations and gives no warranties in relation to the standard of such treatment.
All Intersection Retreat bookings do not include national or international airfare. Intersection Retreat strongly recommends you wait until the trip is confirmed by Intersection Retreat Staff before booking airfare or making any non-refundable travel arrangements.
TRAVEL & HEALTH INSURANCE
- Intersection Retreat strongly recommends Clients obtain travel medical insurance. This insurance must cover personal injury and emergency medical expenses including, but not limited to, helicopter evacuation, air ambulance and repatriation.
- It is strongly recommended the coverage be extended to include cancellation, curtailment, and all other expenses that might arise as a result of loss, damage, injury, delay or inconvenience occurring to the Client during travel. Intersection Retreat shall have no liability for loss, theft of or damage to baggage or personal effects. Personal belongings lost or stolen while unattended by the client in public lounges or other public areas, whether on board a train, bus, or other mode of transportation, publicly owned or operated by Intersection Retreat or elsewhere, are not reimbursable. Losses due to ordinary wear and tear, earthquakes, and other acts of God are not reimbursable. Intersection Retreat cannot accept responsibility for and in no event shall be liable for loss or damage of valuables or other articles left in or on facilities used by Intersection Retreat such as hotels, huts, expedition vehicles, or any other mode of transportation.
- The Client acknowledges that the cost of Intersection Retreat retreats do not include insurance and that the Client has been advised to obtain separate coverage at an additional cost. When obtaining travel insurance the Client must ensure the insurer is aware of the type of travel to be undertaken.
EVACUATION PROCEDURES AND COSTS
- Intersection Retreat, local guides or other representatives’ decisions will at all times be final on all matters likely to affect the safety and well-being of the trip. We reserve the right to prohibit any traveler from continuing on a trip with no right of refund if, in our opinion, that traveler’s actions pose a threat to the safety of others, to the wildlife, themselves, or if the traveler’s actions and/or behaviors are harming the enjoyment of the trip for others.
- Evacuation costs are to be covered by the person being evacuated.
- Valid Passport: The Client must be in possession of a valid passport required for entry, departure and travel to retreat destinations (passport must be valid 6 months past the return date), all visas, permits and certificates including vaccination certificates (if required), insurance policies, etc. are required for the whole of the journey. The Client accepts full responsibility for obtaining all such documents, visas and permits prior to the start of the retreat and is solely responsible for any adverse consequences resulting from missing or defective documentation. Any information or advice given by Intersection Retreat regarding visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment, etc. is purely advisory, provided as a courtesy to the Client and Intersection Retreat is not responsible for any errors or omissions as to the information provided by third parties such as the appropriate governmental authorities.
- Retreat Details: To expedite the obtaining of travel documents and flight bookings please note that all international trip-related documents such as Retreat Planning Guides will be sent via email once the trip is confirmed to run. Intersection Retreat will aim to confirm trips within a reasonable timeframe.
CLAIMS & COMPLAINTS
If a Client has a complaint against Intersection Retreat, the Client must first inform the Retreat Leader or guide at the earliest opportunity to allow the grievance to be rectified. Failure to indicate dissatisfaction whilst on retreat will result in the Client’s ability to claim compensation from Intersection Retreat being extinguished or at least reduced. If satisfaction is still not reached through these means on retreat, then any further complaint must be put in writing to Intersection Retreat within 30 days of the end of the trip.
- The Client acknowledges he or she may be visiting places where the political, cultural and geographical attributes present certain risks, dangers and physical challenges greater than those present in their daily life. By booking travel with Intersection Retreat, the Client acknowledges they have considered the potential risks, dangers and challenges, and expressly assumes the risks attendant to such travel conditions. The Client is solely responsible for acquainting themselves with customs, weather conditions, physical challenges, and laws in effect at each stop along the itinerary, and is encouraged to locate or make contact prior to embarkation with their local embassy or consulate at the trip destination.
- The Client is responsible for arriving to the arranged transportation from Arequipa to Cabanaconde on time, as there are no other means of transportation to get to the retreat on time. If the client fails to arrive on time, they will not be able to participate in the retreat.
SAFETY & TRIP ENJOYMENT
- We take your safety and well-being very seriously, which is why we partner with trained professionals for our all domestic and international retreats. However, you are ultimately responsible for your safety, which is why we ask all retreat participants to sign a liability waiver before departure. To avoid possibly dangerous situations, it is extremely important that you obey any rules and regulations imposed by the Intersection Retreat Leaders and/or Local Guides and instructions given by them.
- Intersection Retreat reserves the right to prohibit any Client from continuing on a trip with no right of refund if, in our opinion, that Client’s actions pose a threat to the safety of them, others, or to the wildlife, or if that Client’s actions or behaviors are seriously jeopardizing the enjoyment of the trip for others. The decision of the Intersection Retreat Leader or representative will at all times be final on all matters likely to affect the safety and well-being of the trip. All Clients must, at all times, strictly comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and drug regulations of all countries visited, and Intersection Retreat will not accept responsibility or liability for any Client who contravenes any laws or other regulations of any country visited.
HEALTH & FITNESS
Most Intersection Retreats should not be overly strenuous for people who are healthy and reasonably fit. If you (or anyone on whose behalf you are booking) are affected by any condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect your or other people’s enjoyment of the trip, you must advise us of this at the time of booking. If your health or fitness changes between the time of booking and your trip departure date, you must notify the Intersection Retreat staff of these changes before the retreat starts.
PHOTOS, VIDEO AND CONTENT CREATION
In the course of participation in an Intersection Retreat, photos or video may be taken by participants, guides and professional photographers. These images may be used in any Soul & Trail promotional materials, website, all social media platforms (i.e. Instagram), etc., unless Clients specifically request to the photographer or in writing to Intersection Retreat, to not use any material your image is depicted in. Otherwise, permission is granted to Intersection Retreat to perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes.
RETREAT ITINERARY CHANGES
Intersection Retreat and its partners reserves the right to alter retreat programs and itineraries due to weather, road conditions or other circumstances. These programs may be changed or canceled at any moment due the trip to assure the safety of our clients and staff. No responsibility is accepted for losses, expenses due to delays, changes of flights or other services because of strikes, accidents, sickness, damage, negligence, weather, war, changes in schedules or other similar causes. Intersection Retreat and its partners do not assume responsibility for accidents or deaths that can be traced to the participants’ negligence, acts of third parties or exterior circumstances such as weather, natural occurrences, ware or other similar causes.
Intersection Retreat is not responsible for any improper or non-performance of any services forming part of the Contract which are wholly attributable to the fault of the Client, the unforeseeable or unavoidable act or omission of a third party unconnected with the provision of any services to be provided under the Contract; unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond the control of Intersection Retreat and/or the relevant supplier, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised including (but not limited to) an event of force majeure; or any event which Intersection Retreat and/or the relevant supplier could not even with all due care have foreseen or forestalled.
In the event that Intersection Retreat is responsible for any death, injury or illness caused by the negligent acts and/or omissions of its suppliers of services which form part of the Contract then Intersection Retreat limits its liability.
ACCEPTANCE OF RISK
The Client acknowledges that the nature of the retreat is adventurous and may involve a significant amount of personal risk. The Client hereby assumes all such risk and does hereby release Intersection Retreat from all claims and causes of action arising from any damages or injuries or death resulting from these inherent risks. At the time of payment, the Client is required to sign Intersection Retreat’s RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT. Upon arrival, the client will be required to provide hand signatures of applicable forms as well. Please read carefully.
In the event that any term or condition contained herein is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason than such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this Agreement or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining Terms and Conditions to survive and continue as binding.
SUCCESSORS & ASSIGNS
- These Terms and Conditions shall insure to the benefit of and be binding upon Intersection Retreat and the Client and their respective heirs, legal personal representatives, successors and assigns.
- Intersection Retreat exists under, and is pursuant to, the laws of Peru.
The Contract and these Terms and Conditions are subject to the laws of Peru.
WAIVER OF BOOKING CONDITIONS
These Booking Terms and Conditions may only be waived or amended by written mutual consent. When a Client completes, submits and makes the payment for booking their place for a retreat, they agree to accept all these conditions, and when the booking is accepted, Intersection Retreat agrees to carry out the obligations as defined therein.
UPDATING OF TERMS & CONDITIONS
Intersection Retreat reserves the right to update and/or alter these terms and conditions at any time, and it is the Client’s responsibility to be familiar with them. The latest terms and conditions may be found on Intersection Retreat’s website.